Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Midweek Musings - Owl Days

Owl Days





This beautiful creature was perched right outside my bedroom window this morning.  


This time each year he comes to visit.  Of course, I don't really know if it is the same Mr. Owl, but I like to think so.


Owls always remind me of my favorite cartoon from my childhood called I Love To Singa.  





Owls also remind me of my son, Adrien, a Freshman at Rice University, home of the Rice Owls.  In one week from today he'll be back home in Atlanta for Thanksgiving.


Today, I will ponder on all things Wise.  Like Mr. Owl.  


###


I had my annual check up today and, as usual, my doc and I had the discussion about my slightly elevated cholesterol levels.  I am resisting taking medication for this.  He heard me today.  He's going to send me info about getting on a Red Yeast Rice regime.  I'll be doing research on this and I'll publish what I find right here on Starr-Style.  My doctor is wise.


I visited Arlington today and and brought a fall bouquet.  Normally I would have done this way back in early October, but with the Road Trip underway at that time I had to wait until now.  My parents were wise.


And today, I salute all of the Wise Women that I know or have known.  All those wonderful women that have moved into their third stage of life.  The women in my family and community who have reached the fullness of years and have a keen appreciation for each day.  This November, 2009, I celebrate my own rite of passage into this brilliant, golden light and pray that I go forward with vigor into this uncharted territory.  


###




Matthew 2:1-12




###




I wish you a Wise Day,
Starr






2 comments:

  1. Hey Pretty Lady, WOW!!!! What a fabulous story...I love all of your pictures, your creative writings and Denis's art..It is amazing...You both look so happy in all your photos....I'm so impressed...and so happy for both of you...love, Helene

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wise as they come, my Starr. Regarding the Owls - remember, that was, and is, Lynbrook High School's mascot, too. Love your musings and have added your link to my Facebook page. Love, Ellen

    ReplyDelete